Farmhouse Extension Project
Following the completion of another large extension project in Doncaster last year, our details were passed on to this customer who was looking to have their farmhouse extended and renovated. Whilst modernising the farmhouse, the customer wanted to ensure it retained it’s old character, charm and some original features.
Due to the complexity of this project, it is an ongoing development. The customer brought us in to build the shell only, including the roof, and to complete the drainage works along with digging all the floors up in the existing house and laying new concrete floors to prevent rising damp.
We began working in May, taking a team of around eight tradesmen onto site in order to provide a quick turnaround and minimal disruption.
The project consisted of:
- Digging out footings and drainage
- Laying the concrete footings
- Laying the footing blocks to raise the foundations to ground level
- Installing foul and rainwater drainage
- Preparing the floor with hardcore and damp-proof membrane, followed by insulation and concrete
- Laying brickwork up to roof level including damp-proof course
- Installing the timber roof, fascias and gutters
- Laying the concrete roof tiles
- Fitting verges & ridge tiles
- Doing first-fix joinery work
We used a number of local suppliers for top-quality local materials, including SIG Roofing in Rotherham, and Aire Concrete at Wakefield.
From start to finish, the project took around ten weeks. As mentioned above, this is an ongoing project for the customer.
If you are interested in a quote for a similar type of project, don’t hesitate to contact us via email or call us on 01226 755 661.